Re: Tackling a shared USB printer (linux -> WXP)

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 07:31:35AM -0400, Bob Chiodini wrote:

> Am I missing something?  What does it mean *not* all windows-submitted
> jobs are necessarily rasterized?

If you use the CUPS (or Adobe) Windows drivers at the client end,
PostScript will arrive at the SAMBA server end -- intended to be
processed by CUPS filters.

> Does this imply that windows is doing something different to the data of
> the print job for a remote printer than it does for a locally connected
> printer?

It behaves differently depending on whether you use CUPS/Adobe
drivers; or vendor-provided drivers.

Tim.
*/