Re: Need help (of course) setting up network

>> I'm' not a network expert, and others will probably
correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is unusual or
even plain wrong to have an IP address (inet addr)
ending in .0.  The last number should be between 1 and
254.  Did you set this yourself, or was it allocated
by DHCP? <<

This is correct. With an IP address, a hostid of all
zeroes (ending in .0) and a hostid of all ones (ending
in .255) are both reserved. A valid IP should end with
a number from 1 through 254. It has been my experience
that the number 1 is usually seen on DNS servers and
routers.

- Jamie