Re: Avocent KVM switch -- working fine.

At 23:49 5/14/2004, Karl L wrote:
So, I ordered an Avocent online at: http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/avocent-cybex-switchview.html

I got the model 10045 4-port PC/2 and three sets of cables.  Each cable
cable set is comprised of a video, keyboard and mouse cable (PS/2, as I said); model was CP2-6A (6' long, they didn't show the 10' model but one
lister advised the longer cable for ease of installation).

Price was $95.99 for the switch, 69.60 for the 3 cable-sets & $11 for ground shipping. Took 3 days to arrive.

As far as I recall, I got my switch from CDW for around $80 or $85, which is close. However, I did get cables from NewEgg for about $10 each, so my total cost came out to about $140 with shipping included as opposed to $175 for Karl. Just a note for anyone else who wants to do comparison shopping.

My thanks to those who recommended the Avocent switch. As far as I'm concerned, the Avocent does everything I hoped it would.

Excellent. Happy to see a problem get solved.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz simpaticus com