Problems getting 2 NICs to work.

Kevin Kimmell kevin at dynamictrend.com
Mon May 17 15:54:22 UTC 2004

They aren't in the same net. It's 2 separate ranges although they do
travel over the same hardware. Each interface is configured to use it's
own gateway (the 256 address of it's range) but that is the same
physical eth interface on my router.

When I have two cables connected and the eth0 interface up and eth1
down, both lights are lit up. In fact, at any point that I have a cable
in either interface and the other end is in a switch, they are lit up.
But "ifconfig" of course only reports the active eth interface as being
up. If I remove the eth0 cable, I lose networking.

++ Kevin Kimmell + kevin_AT_dynamictrend.com + Dynamic Trend, Inc. ++