kernell compiled from source against rpm ones...

Hello,

usually when I speak to someone about kernel, they all tell that I should not use rpm kernel and compile my own ones...
I tried that one year ago... I never managed :D anyway, now I think I'm more fluent with Linux... And i'm thinking to try again within the coming weeks.

But what are the advanateg of compiled kernel against rpm ones? Will it speed up my boot time? or make my system more stable?

Thxs in advance for your feedbacks!
Ludo
http://www.lubox.com - http://forum.lubox.com
Email Services, How-To (Linux,PHP,...), Freeware...
Come have a look, and you can even drop a msg on the forum!