Re: ntoskrnl.exe

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Sean Estabrooks wrote:

> It's still just a theory, but it looks like Grub actually starts
> numbering partitions based on their starting cylinder number whereas
> linux numbers them based on their physical order in the partition
> table.

Not true. I've used 'Partition Magic' to resize the factory WinXP
install (laptop) to create space for linux. It has compressed the ntfs
partiton to the END of the disk - creating empty space in the
begining. However the nfs partition is still primary-1

Grub/Linux still see it as (hd0,0)/hda1. This is with FC1.

So grub still follows Parititon numbering - not cylinder numbering.

Satish