FC1 + Kernel 2.6.6 boot problem

Hi, I'm running FC1 on my custom made pc and it's working perfectly with FC1 default kernel. When I installed kernel 2.6.6 and try to reboot the pc with kernel 2.6.6 after some point ( ..... freeing kernel memory ...etc) boot process hangs. My pc's configuration is
Intel PIV 1.8 GHz processor, Gigabyte GA-8VM533-P motherboard, Maxtor hard disk etc. Is this something related to my motherboard? ( I can see some warning related to bios in the 2.6.6 boot screen). Is there any workaround to boot my pc in kernel 2.6.6

Rgds,
Zammi