Re: Upgrading to FC2

no, you won't loose your settings. most files will not be overwritten, and instead you will have a file.rpmnew you can copy over your custom file. in the event that it does write over a file for required version changes, your old file is saved as file.rpmsave

Dylan Parry wrote:

I am currently using FC1 and am downloading the ISOs for FC2 as I type! Every time I have upgraded my OS (RH7.3 > RH8.0 > RH9 > FC1) I have performed a clean install, but this time I cannot risk losing all my settings etc. So my question is, if I perform an upgrade rather than a clean install will I lose all the settings and things I have spent so long making?

In particular will my XF86Config file be overwritten and will any programs I have installed that are not part of FC be lost during the process?