Re: XCDRoast - FC2

Srinivasan S wrote:
Hello

I upgraded today to FC2 and am now having problems with XCDRoast.
XCDRoast detects my CDRW as both SCSI and ATAPI. By default ATAPi is selected .

When I press OK, I get a message that ATAPI is not suggested due to performance reasons and I should switch on SCSI-EMULATION. I did a google on this and found a doc which talks about using lilo.conf to setup scsi-emulation. My problem is I do not use lilo, I use grub.

Please help to enable SCSI-EMULATION:
1)  CDRW on /dev/hdd
2)  FC2 using GRUB

Thanks in advance
Srini

If you bring up the detection page in setup,I think you will find a button
allowing you to put a string stating the path where xcdrecord finds its device.
As this is a 2.6 kernel use '/dev/hdx' changing 'x' to suit your IDE configuration for a burner.

david