FC2 ate my console beep

I just upgraded my desktop to FC2 and ran into a minor (but bothersome
to me) problem.  I no longer get any beep through the PC speaker.
I've checked for a change in the termcap and such, but I don't see
anything.  Has something configured this to be off now?

--
Bill Pemberton                                 wfp5p virginia edu
ITC/Unix Systems                               flash virginia edu