Booting directly into X problems

Sasa Stupar sasa at stupar.homelinux.net
Mon Nov 29 06:17:22 UTC 2004

Hi!

My system: I have two HDD on which are installed separetly winxp and FC2
with their own MBR's. MotherBoard is ASUS P4BGV-MX-EAYZ with built in
VGA i845.
I have installed FC2 and have problems to boot directly into X. I get
blank screen. However, if I first boot into winxp and then reboot into
linux X works.
This problem is only happening if machine was switched off for a couple
of minutes and more.
Another thing: if I boot to FC2 and choose "Interactive mode" then I can
also boot into X without any problems.
Is there anything to do (beside getting a new VGA card) to fix this
because I am about to remove winxp and I do not want to boot with
Interactive mode every day?

Regards,
Sasa