evolution 1.4 -> 2.0?

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Fri Nov 19 18:13:13 UTC 2004

first of all, is there any way to import my mailfolders, settings, etc.
in one step from evolution 1.4 to evolution 2 (i saved my old home-
folder before i wiped fc2)?
i ask because if i choose under file->import->import files and settings
from older programs, i get ~"evolution looked after settings to import
from the following programs: pine, netscape, elm and icalendar. no
settings to import have been found".
so obviously, it doesn't list evolution 1.4 as a source for import, or
am i missing something?

therefore i tried option nr. 2 - import a single file.
problem here is, that i want to import both my collected mails (folders)
of the fedora-list as well as the fedora-test-list.
because they contain nearly all the mails of the resp. lists from the
beginning, evolution simply crashes when trying to import them!
is there any way to nevertheless import them (i really want to keep them
as a comfortable offline-resource!)
also, i want to import my contacts. which file do i have to choose (in
which folder?)

thanks for help.