WinTV-Go and XDMCP

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Oct 4 13:58:24 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 04.10.2004 schrieb KANE Aaron um 13:20:

>     I am having a heck of a time trying to install a new WinTV-Go card into my FC2 host.
>
>     I have two problems that I am seeking help for:
>
>         1)    Does anyone know of a good How-To for setting up the card.  I have goggled all weekend and there are a lot of random
> information but nothing complete.  Fedora will recognizes the card but when I start TVTIME the screen reports "no signal".  I think
> it is my tuner setting in the modprobe file (which I got from Google) but I have tried almost every tuner (2. 28. etc) with no luck?
> I am sure someone has completed this task with success?

First it is important to know which tuner chip the card has. My older
BT878 based WinTV was configured during install of FC2 without any
problem. Probably your card has a different chip. Run "lspci -vv" to see
for sure. By FC2 recognized data is written to /etc/sysconfig/hwconf.
Blindly copying modprobe lines from anywhere in the net is no solution.
If you don't know the specific hardware data of your card all is trail &
error and not very intelligent. So post again with data from i.e.
"lspci" and messages from system log, i.e. grep the output of "dmesg".

>     ~Aaron

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 15:53:46 up 4 days, 18:19, load average: 1.36, 1.09, 0.73