WinTV-Go and XDMCP

KANE Aaron Aaron.KANE at swift.com
Tue Oct 5 12:23:24 UTC 2004

 All,

>First it is important to know which tuner chip the card has. My older
>BT878 based WinTV was configured during install of FC2 without any
>problem. Probably your card has a different chip. Run "lspci
>-vv" to see
>for sure. By FC2 recognized data is written to /etc/sysconfig/hwconf.
>Blindly copying modprobe lines from anywhere in the net is no solution.
>If you don't know the specific hardware data of your card all
>is trail &
>error and not very intelligent. So post again with data from i.e.
>"lspci" and messages from system log, i.e. grep the output of "dmesg".
>
>>     ~Aaron
>
>Alexander

Alexander,  The data is below:

class: CAPTURE
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: bttv
desc: "Brooktree Corporation|Bt878 Video Capture"
vendorId: 109e
deviceId: 036e
subVendorId: 0070
subDeviceId: 13eb
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev: 10
pcifn:  0

00:10.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
        Latency: 64 (4000ns min, 10000ns max)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: Memory at febfe000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

00:10.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
        Latency: 64 (1000ns min, 63750ns max)
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
        Region 0: Memory at febff000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

Also,

I have also attached the error TvTime returns when it is run over xdmcp.

[akane at localhost akane]$ tvtime
Running tvtime 0.9.12.
Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
Reading configuration from /home/akane/.tvtime/tvtime.xml
videoinput: Cannot open capture device /dev/video0: Permission denied
xvoutput: Received X error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
xvoutput: Received X error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
deinterlace: BlurVertical disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
deinterlace: AdaptiveSearch disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
deinterlace: AdaptiveAdvanced disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
deinterlace: AdaptiveSimple disabled: required CPU accelleration features unavailable.
mixer: Can't open device /dev/mixer, mixer volume and mute unavailable.
xvoutput: Received X error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
xvoutput: Received X error: BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)
Thank you for using tvtime.
[akane at localhost akane]$

Thanks for your time,
	~Aaron