FC1 freezes esporadically

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Oct 12 17:08:34 UTC 2004

Xavier Gonzalez wrote:
> Actually, I have been running it with a blank screensaver option.
> Funny thing thou, I guess kudzu had some problems with the my Epson
> Stylus printer and at rebooting time it asked me to configure it.
> Perhaps that will do. I just did not thing that would be the fall down
> point of FC1.
>
> I'll let you know how it goes.
>
> --Xavier
>

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 16:27:00 -0700, Richard E Miles
> <r.godzilla at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>>I am runing FC1 with 2.4* kernel in an IBM ThinkPad T42. In the last
>>>couple of weeks, FC1 seems to freeze on my for no apperent reason. I
>>>thougth to find out what was going on by using dmesg and put it in a
>>>text file.
>>>
>>>Anyway, if somebody could shed some ligth in the matter it would be
>>>greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>--Xavier

Do you notice any other weird things happening.

My machine locks up the odd (rare) time requiring a hard boot.  I
notice that my xmms will stop (not die) when I do the odd disk write.
  It isn't consistent.  I am trying to trace the problem.

My machine seems to jerk on graphics updates even when not downloading
so I am watching and trying to trace an exact cause.  Nothing to point to.
--
Robin Laing