problem with squirrelmail...

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 18:31:41 UTC 2004

Hello all,
I am trying to setup squirrelmail on this core 3 test
3 (2.92).
* Installed cyrus, cyrus-sasld, cyrus-sasl-plain,
squirrelmail, postfix (probably postfix is not needed)
from fedora CD
* Ran config.pl for squirrelmail to configure with
cyrus
* Restarted httpd from /etc/init.d
* Can go to localhost/webmail and do get squirrelmail
page
* Started cyrus-imapd from /etc/init.d
* Started saslauthd from /etc/init.d

But I can't login. I note that the saslauthd is
configured to work with shadow
(/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd). But when I run
testsaslauthd, it always returns authentication
failure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

=====