Problem with downloading FC3t3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Oct 13 12:06:08 UTC 2004

SK wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
>>Sharon Kimble wrote:

>>>Sheesh Paul, that was quick! :))
>>>
>>>Just into my home folder which is the fedora default filesystem, ?ext3?
>>
>>What's the output of the following commands when run in the directory
>>you're trying to download to?
>>
>>df .
>>mount
>
> Paul.
>
> gads:~/downloads$ df
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/hdf2             26739660  13785804  11595528  55% /
> /dev/hdf1                99043      9578     84351  11% /boot
> none                    517844         0    517844   0% /dev/shm
>
> gads:~/downloads$ mount
> /dev/hdf2 on / type ext3 (rw)
> none on /proc type proc (rw)
> none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
> none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
> usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
> /dev/hdf1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
> none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>
> So it looks like my root and home drive are on /dev/hdf2.

Perhaps the problem is with wget rather than the underlying filesystem. It may
not support files > 2GB. Try using curl instead:

curl --output FC3-test3-i386-DVD.iso --remote-time --continue-at -
http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/linux/fedora-core/test/2.92/i386/iso/FC3-test3-i386-DVD.iso

(the command is all one line; use your favourite mirror instead of
sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de of course)

Paul.