Security....

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Oct 27 01:41:57 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 09:20 -0700, Eucke Warren wrote:
> Good points James...you missed one though... port 22. I see more attempts on
> SSH than any other port....stupid and LAME attempts but more on this than
> any other...

Everyone will eventually "miss one", or the bad guys come up with
something new. That's why demonstrated best practices are to block
*everything* and only open things which you know for sure you need to
open. Then make sure those open holes are not being answered by anything
vulnerable... patch, update, maintain.

Not that you're wrong about SSH attacks being common, just adding to the
comment.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>