up2date showing wrong updates

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Wed Oct 27 20:01:53 UTC 2004

Ryan McDougall wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have an issue with up2date on a FC2 machine. What happens is that
>the alert icon says there are 8 updates available when you hover over
>it. So you open that up and it only shows 3-4 updates... You tell it
>to update and it says everything is up2date :-( Does anyone know what
>is going on or how to fix it?
>
>Thanx

All the mirrors haven't synced up with the servers yet.  Either try
again or wait a day or two.  Not everyone gets updated at the same
time.  They try to post notices about updates usually after a few days
just to alert everyone and hopefully after all the mirrors have had time
to sync up.

Thanks,
James Kosin