Video capturing - Pinnacle

Bradley (FC2 List) FedoraList at Thingbuilder.com
Thu Oct 28 19:10:11 UTC 2004

> >> [<Yigal>] I need to capture analog video...........

> >> - I was sure it's obvious. Is there anything I can do now to use it
> with
> >> Fedora?
> >>

> >I am looking at a device as well and I have been looking at
> >   http://www.canopus.us/US/products/advc-100/pt_advc-100.asp
> >
> >I found a site that explains how to use this with Linux and Kino.  It
> >isn't USB but it is supposed to work.  There is supposed to be one
> >around work that I want to try.
> >Robin Laing
>
> [<Yigal>].......... The main problem
> is the capture of analog video (I think DV devices connect directly to
> USB or FW) - and this is the case where the OS is tested. Once I have to
> use XP to capture - I better stay and edit the video there.
> I wonder: if you buy that device- how can you be sure that it will work
> with the so many Linux flavors and with the future ones to come?

I own one of these devices and it works well. I use it for eporting rough
edits to a client's laptop.
The device itself is not OS dependent. Analog goes in, firewire comes out.
As long as you have a
way of capturing via a firewire port, you are in business.