Re: upgrading from FC1 to FC2 with yum!

Oh my goodness, only 1395 packages to complete.
I guess this will be running overnight.
It's 1:45pm here and it just finished libgcc, the first package.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

=G

W. Guy Thomas wrote:

It's looking good so far. I upgraded yum itself first, then did a yum clean all, then moved modules.conf to modules.anacbak (not sure why I had to do this but it was recommended), then a yum upgrade...

It has taken about 3 hours and it appears it grabbed everything including the 2.6 kernel.
Running test transaction now.

Keep your fingers crossed. If I'm lucky ALSA might even work this time so I don't have to OSS again and shell out 20 bucks just for sound.

This is a great mailer guys. Thanks for all your helpl.

=Guy