Re: NIS master->slave push failing

acosta ar microlink com br wrote:
Hi all,

this is not strictly a Fedora question, so please apologize for the slightly-OT...

I am setting up a NIS slave server on a FC2 box (the master is running on an old RH box). Apparently, all went well (I've followed the instructions here [http://daq.triumf.ca/online/nis/nis_notes.html#NIS master server setup:] and it has been very helpful), but master server is failing to push its changes to the slave server. This appears on /var/log/messages on the master server whenever the push is attempted:

Oct 5 10:30:03 duchamp ypxfr[26894]: ypxfr: Can't get master address

/etc/yp.conf on the master has this:

domain tecgraf.puc-rio.br server localhost

and ypwhich correctly returns:

Try using the real name of the NIS server instead of localhost.

Also make sure that both NIS servers are listed in the "ypservers" map: what's the output of "ypcat ypservers"?

Paul.