Re: Upgrade skip

Rand Renfroe wrote:
I have not upgraded from FC1 to FC2 yet. FC3 is supposed to be released in November. If I wait for that will I be able to upgrade my FC1 boxes directly to FC3? Or will I have to upgrade them to FC2 first?

I have skipped a release on occasion, but I'm pretty sure its not the best thing to do. Each RedHat (and Fedora) release specifies new, removed, and deprecated packages from *the previous release*. If you skip a release, you may end up not having some removed packages, from the skipped release, removed. This may (or may not) cause you grief down the road (I know it has caused me grief B^}

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com