Packets dropped by iptables

Juan L. Pastor seguridadlinux at yahoo.es
Wed Oct 13 10:03:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:50, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> > > Ah... You didn't mention that earlier..
> >
> > I explained my network architecture on the first post.
>
> I'm looking back at the 1st post. I didn't see any reference to a
> router. Did I really miss it?

Bizarre... I remember having written some message making reference to
the ADSL router, the linux and the Windows 2000 boxes connected to it.
Maybe it was in my past life? :)

> > The problem is that I don't have the administration password of the
> > router (not provided by the ISP).
>
> If you don't have it, can you _ask_ for it??
> Otherwise, you'll have a hard time getting or configuring or opening up
> any holes in it.

The ISP won't provide me the password, but they have told me every port
is open, I should setup the firewall on my machines.

Juan