Any support for wireless-G in FC3?

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 14 17:58:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Jim Lowman wrote:

> It occurred to me that I may be asking the wrong
> question here.  Instead, are there any wireless-G
> cards that are supported by Linux?  With prices having
> dropped somewhat, replacing the card is not out of the
> question.

I've been using an atheros based card for a while - and its been
working reasonably well with FC1 - with madwifi driver.

MADWIFI will never be part of the kernel (due a binary hal module) -
but so far prebuilt modules have been made available from 'atrpms'

So getting an atheros based card won't be a bad idea. Most of the a/b
or a/b/g cards are atheros.

Satish