FLAME____ Why is the kernel source not included

Temlakos temlakos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 15:47:33 UTC 2004

AFAIK, if you're using apt and have all your repos configured, you can
find kernel-source packages, and even new kernel install packages, for
every kernel that has ever run with Fedora Core 1 or 2. It's just a
matter of going beyond the distro to add some other package-management
tools.

But while I'm on the subject, I agree--the initial response to the
complaint about a lack of kernel sources was uncalled-for. The *last*
thing *anyone* in this community should *ever* say to anyone else is "go
back to Windows if you're not adventurous enough," etc., etc. And even
if I didn't have a serious concern with the spread of Windows, with all
its security and other issues--if we as members of a community can't be
polite to one another, then the community will die. Period. The kind of
flat-out rudeness I saw might be appropriate in a military training
camp, but not in a community of information handlers trying to persuade
others to use a system we're all supposed to believe in.

Temlakos