Re: ntfs partitions

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Myers" <wjmyers gmail com>
To: <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 12:01 PM
Subject: ntfs partitions

I am a new Linux user and I recently loaded fedora 2.6 on my PC and
tried to access the ntfs windows drive. I enter the following command.
# mount  -t NTFS /dev/hda1 win
Reply received
mount: fs type NTFS not supported by kernel
The Linux I have states that the 2.6 Kernel supports NTFS file systems.
Does fedoora 2.6 support NTFS kernels or am I doing something wrong?

Bill

You might want to check out this site http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/downloads.html That should answer your question.

Bryan