[FC3] Sites 'disappearing' from DNS

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Mon Apr 4 11:02:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 14:43 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> the fact that it doesn't find it the first time but does on subsequent
> tries suggest that you have some problem with the setup and latency so
> your client times out before the dns lookup completes.
>
> Probably the best way to fix that is to fix your caching dns server.

    Well, if I had to get it twice to actually make it, sure...the funny
thing is, if I go there first with 'host' and find it, then use Firefox,
it still doesn't. (Denying all reason that *I* know)  Firefox just won't
find it. That's what makes me think Firefox is involved.   These are
sites I've visited every day or so for years...and I've not changed the
local /etc/resolv.conf or anything on my end for about as long.

    How can this be?

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller