Re: problem accessing ftp from the browser

Olga Urban wrote:

I have vsftpd running on Fedora 2. I tried to access my account by typing ftp://mywebsite.com <ftp://mywebsite.com/> in the browser at work. And it worked fine (prompted me for username and password and when I logged in, displayed a list of folders). I can’t seem to do it from home though. I can do it by using ftp client, but not from the browser. I get the following error:

“An error occurred opening that folder on the FTP Server. Make sure you have permission to access that folder.

Details:

200 Switching to ASCII mode.

550 Permission denied.”

Can someone tell me please why this is happening? Thanks a lot.

Olga

What browser were you trying to use?