Re: Memory Leak

donnie wrote:
Hey!

I am running Fedora Core 3 and I seem to be having problem with Tomcat. I am using jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7.

When I run top I can see that the java process slowly but steadily increases the memory usage %.

When I check free I can see that -/+ buffers/cache: also decreases. After some time it takes for ever to log on to the machine since it has so little memory left.

If I shut down the tomcat process all allocated memory is released but the whole chain starts over again when I restart it.

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot! //Tom

Tomcat is just a servlet container. The resources it uses itself are fairly static. If a servlet within Tomcat has a memory leak then you need to address that problem. It's not something either Fedora or Tomcat can do for you.

E-mail :    nmw ion le ac uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555