Video Card .

Title: Video Card

I am new to the Linux world - old MS Admin trying to discover another world.

I have an IBM NetVista with an Intel 845 video card - when I install Core 3, the system goes "haywire" after all CD's are in and it reboots - no video.

I corrected by redoing the xorg.conf file, but now can only get 640x480. Would appreciate any assistance on how to correct.

Even at my age - I don't need icons that large....

Thanks in advance