Gnome Update?

I think I must have asked this question several times but still haven't
managed to find and answer to it.
I would like to upgrade the new Gnome 2.10 without having to download
every single package from gnome.org incurring into dependencies
resolution and all that.
I admit I tried twice but couldn't really work out the right sequence.
Therefore I'd be glad if somebody could suggest an easier way to update
gnome via YUM or APT  by including a stable repository to the apt or yum
sources.

Is that possible?

Or is that too much to ask?