Re: Setting up a FC3 gateway

have u try reboot your linux gateway ?

just some experience, i encountered a few times when everything seem configured properly but can't obtains what u expected, reboot may help.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Wilkinson" <james westexe demon co uk>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 7:46 AM
Subject: Re: Setting up a FC3 gateway

Thiago Guzella wrote:
I am running FC3 x86_64 on a DSL-connected pc, which works great by
itself; I have another machine running windoze XP, and would like to
use the first pc as a gateway, so that windoze can have access to the
network.

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
I could imagine you are missing the correct default route.

On either machine: do you have the correct default gateway on the Windows machine? What happens if you try doing a tracert from a Windows command prompt to (say) 66.249.87.104 (one of the google.com machines)?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | As an approximate comparison, the reality distortion
@westexe.demon.co.uk | needed to send a bus by Parcelforce...