Per-process memory limits on x86_64

We have a memory-intensive application, and we are trying to investigate options for exceeding the current limits on total per-process address space and maximum shared memory segment size on 32-bit architecture, 4GB and 1GB respectively. Can someone tell me what these limits are for FC3 on true 64-bit architectures, like Itanium and Opteron? We'd like to know before we make the hardware investment, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere else.

Thanks,
Jan