Re: connecting multiple linux boxes..

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 16:16 -0700, Endy wrote:
> bruce wrote:
> >i've got a few fedora linux boxes and i'd like to know how i can go about
> >connecting them so i can use the gnone/gui to drag/drop files from one box
> >to the other. i don't have nfs installed. i can ssh from the command line to
> >each other.
> >

> Probably the easiest is ftp.

Actually I think sftp would be easier if you already have sshd running
on the machines (that way you don't have to set up vsftpd). In Nautilus
(the GNOME file manager) do ctrl+l and enter as the location:

sftp://username ipaddress/path

You'll be prompted for a password. That will then open a Nautilus window
for the remote machine and you can drag and drop files to and from it.

The method suggested by Endy also works just fine, except that you need
to setup vsftpd on each machine, whereas the sftp method just requires
ssh which you say is already working fine.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com