Re: No video with mplayer and mplayer-plugin

D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 12:52 -0400, R L wrote:

When you say no video, do you mean that you see a blue screen instead? I get that occasionally with mplayer, and I have no idea what causes it. The problem seems to be caused by mplayer, but once it's occurred no other video player (xine, gstreamer) works either. The only solution I have found is rebooting, which is absurd, but I haven't found any other way of getting it to work again. Logging out and logging back in again doesn't work, and neither does restarting X.

Best, Darren

I have had this occur from time to time but I didn't need a reboot just to logout and back in again. If I try a different driver it mplayer will still work. I think the driver I use when this happens is xv.

I think it has something to do with the way mplayer writes to the video card. It seems to corrupt the memory or a buffer some how.

--
Robin Laing