Re: stop kernel module loading at boot

On 4/21/05, Birt, Jeffrey <birtj umr edu> wrote:
> I have had no luck trying to figure out what causes it to load at boot.
> I've checked modules.conf rc.local etc with no luck.  Any ideas?

Aside from the normal modules.conf and such, if you still
can't find it there's a chance it could have been installed
into the boot-time initrd image.  Try the following command
to see which modules are "early loaded"...

  gunzip -c < /boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.14_FC3.img  | cpio -itv

(Of course replace the kernel *.img pathname with the
correct one for your system).
--
Deron Meranda