Clock/Time issues

Hi all,
   I am running FC3 with the newest kernel 2.6.11 but am having some
clock issues.  Every time I boot up the clock is set back 5 hours from
what the actual time is.  I checked the time zone and it is correct, so
I dont know what it could be.  And this effects other things ie. gaim
reports that people have been online 5 hours longer than they actually
have.  Even when I go in and manually change the clock settings at root,
gaim times arent updated...  I am fairly new to linux still so I dont
know how/where to trouble shoot this.  Any ideas?  Thanks,
Charles