nfs mounting

G Rajesh ganesanrajesh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:16:53 UTC 2005

Thanks Tim.
Tim wrote:
 > Is that your own domain name, are their public DNS entries for it that
> conflict with what you're doing?
Yes, this is own domain name - I have registered for myself. So far, our
ISP has not provided us this static IP addresses.

> 192.168.1.xx:/home/rajesh/Documents /net   nfs rw,intr,noexec,nodev 0 0
Thank you. I will add it.

> The NFS server isn't running?
I found out Sir. Though I have set eth0 to be enabled at boot time, it
seems it does not. When I activate it (though network device control
says it is connected) again and restart netfs service, everything seems
fine - except that system takes long time to unmount the nfs-shares
(some rpc error (no 5) being shown.

> If you're running SELinux, you might need to tweak your settings to
> allow NFS to work with home directories.
I have disabled it. BTW, I have two doubts to ask, please clarify:
1. Is the IP address given in eth0 same as that of my computer, say
192.168.1.10. Or I should give something different?
2. Should the router address be filled? Can I give any arbitrary number
within 19.168.1.xx?
Thank a lot.
Regards,
Rajesh