Recommendations for laptop a/c management?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Feb 2 12:01:01 UTC 2005

   We're going to be using FC3 in the near future, and we have 'proper'
LDAP-driven networked accounts (auto-mounted to /home, etc.).

   So.  What happens when the laptop's at home & off-network?  The only
solution I can see is the ugly one of having a sep. local a/c. and
trying to wangle permissions on files accordingly (and remembering to
copy across ~/.files).

   There doesn't seem to be the equivalent of <sigh> Windoze's local
copy of the user 'profile' (i.e., home directory).

   Surely I can't be the first person to want something akin to this,
but I've found *nothing* in Google or the various laptop Linux sites.
Linux laptop users seem to tend to use them stand-alone (as far as
logins are concerned).

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature