VPN on Fedora

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Wed Feb 9 13:57:41 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> I'm currently using the Cisco VPN client for work.  Under FC3 you need
> to modify the intercepter.c file to move one of the functions before
> another one where it is defined and used.  If you hit that problem let
> me know and I can dig up the details again.
>
> There are other VPN solutions available but I have not used those.
> Openvpn is one of them I believe.

I could never get the cisco linux client to
work. Despite patches, etc., it would make
the kernel panic after a few minutes.

Instead, I've used this:

http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

This works without problems.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk