Linux sucks

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Feb 14 20:42:35 UTC 2005

Rajev Mhasawade wrote:
> Agreed it is also meant for desktop.But i think dist. shud introduce a
> special and standard GUI which match windows's so that migration would
> be less painful for dumbs like me.KDE Gnome are too confusing for
> newbies.To kick off win u need to make interface as user friendly as
> theirs.
> BTW wats common with linux geeks is that u cud hardly find 2 of them
> agreeing on any issue.One says KDE is better other loves Gnome.One
> says Fedora is nice and other swears by Mandrake.
> I was all confused when deciding which dist and what interface to
> use.So now i use Gnome and KDE programmes!
> Rajev

 From the times that I have used Windows I find their interface to be
confusing and frustrating.  The whole logic behind the WinXP menu is
worse than that of 98.  Some programs will be installed in one
location and the next will install someplace else.  Some will install
to the desktop creating allot of clutter.

I find the Gnome interface to be better arranged than anything I have
seen on Windows but again I am used to it.

At least with Linux, you have a choice which isn't the option with
Windows.

--
Robin Laing