mouse

Lonnie Freeman blackbeard2 at cox.net
Thu Feb 3 13:31:10 UTC 2005

There are several questions I have since the "100 percent linux" thread came up.
I have 2 linux boxes, one running RH9 and one running FC 3, and a couple of windows boxes.
My questions,
1: is there a way to get the mouse to a: automatically jump to the "preferred" option box? and b: is there a way to get the mouse to scroll by clicking the middle wheel and moving the mouse, i.e. the little circle with arrows in it?  I know these are "extra" drivers that came with my logitec mouse on the windows machines...heaven knows that Ms would not add any extra functionallity if they did not have to.  I think they eventually did add the click and drag somewhere around 98 SE, but it only worked with Ms products...
This is a handy idea, especially when I run into a web page scripted in 800 x 600 format when my native resolution is higher.  I usually do a ctrl, alt, +, leaving the scroll bar off the screen to the right.
2:  Is this database available on line as a searchable database?  There is a lot of info here and I don't have time to read all the input.

Thanks