Timeout Error while starting MySQL Daemon at boot , but MySQL daemon starts

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Wed Feb 9 22:59:00 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 17:47, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Greetings ,
>
> I run into a rather strange situation . While boot i get the message
>
> "Timeout error occured trying to start MySQL Daemon" .
>
> Starting MySQL Daemon   [FAILED]
>
> Before the error get's printed there is a delay of  about 5 seconds .

The mysqld startup script is different than most as in it starts the daemon
process and then sits and spins for 10 seconds waiting or it to come up.
Most likely you have either very little resources so your mysqld takes longer
than that to come up, or you're allocating some large junks of memory so the
initialization takes longer... For more detail check /etc/init.d/mysqld
starting with line 38...

Peter.