Grub loading stage2 error

Perran (bongo) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Mon Feb 14 20:43:20 UTC 2005

Thank you so much for replying Slash, but a colleague of mine suggested that I boot from my XP installation CD, run the repair console and run 'fixmbr'. I did this and it all worked wonderfully. I'm guessing that Fedora CD2 isn't bootable(?)

I am still a little confused though...

> Where did you install your grub and how did you do the installation?
> I hope grub boot code is on /dev/hda (or HD0).

I didn't specify a location for installing Grub, I was never asked to. I'm guessing that it's on /dev/hdb along with everything else Linux-ie. Is that not where it wants to be?

Do I have to install Fedora on the primary drive (/dev/hda) or just grub?

Ta, Bongo

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org