Sunbird through Apache WebDav

John Garmany garmanyj at proxitec.com
Tue Jan 4 00:16:51 UTC 2005

Hi all, Happy New Year,
    I am having a frustrating time trying to set up webdav to support a
shared sunbird calender on FC2 x86_64.  Httpd has been up for months
without problem.  I followed the instruction here:

http://www.twilight-systems.com/flacco/mozcal/mozcal-webdav-apache2-rh9.html

Everything worked, I created and setup the certificate.  Https:// worked
(I got the FC page secure after accepting the certificate.However, when
I try to get test.txt at the end I get:

You don't have permission to access /webdav/garmanyj/test.txt on this
server.

Here is what I added to my ssl.conf

Alias /webdav/ "/var/www/webdav/"

DavLockDB /tmp/DAVLock
# DAVMinTimeout 600

<Directory /var/www/webdav/>
    DAV on
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "WebDAV Restricted
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/passwd/passwd.dav
</Directory>
#
<Directory /var/www/webdav/<mydirectory>/>
    require user <username>
</Directory>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John