divx and totem

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Jul 14 23:33:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 11:56 +1000, Chris Tepaske wrote:
> Does anybody know how to view Divx files through totem on fedora 4, I have
> downloaded the Divx codec for Linux and installed it but Totem still doesn't
> play my Divx files
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris Tepaske

You have to install the divx gstreamer plugin - which means building it
from source (I have an rpm that I built for me - if you wish, I could
send you the src.rpm)

You also can play divx through the gstreamer-ffmpeg plugin.
livna doesn't currently have an rpm for that, I think freshrpm's does.

I also could provide you with a src.rpm for that if you wanted.