Cirrus (Logic CS 4614/22/24) Sound Chip - FC3

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 10 09:49:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 10:50 +0200, Andy Pieters wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2005 10:00, Steve & Julie Croteau wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > FC3 has properly detected this sound card/chip using Module snd-cs46xx.
> > When I play the 'test' sound I get nothing.  It 'thinks' it's playing the
> > sound but it's not.  I have enabled the sound server at the user and root
> > levels. It's like this in Gnome & KDE, yet the test during installation
> > worked fine. Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  Steve
>
> Open kmix and play with the switches and sliders.  Chances are the soundcard
> is working but outputting sound on a channel that is at 0% or disabled.
>
> Also sometimes a combination of switches need to be used.
>
> HTH
>
> Andy

Steve,

In addition to Andy's suggestions, if you have installed a TV tuner card
with an audio mixer, you may have to edit /etc/asound.conf and change
the card number to 0.  I think the system-config-soundcard utility or
kudzu might be getting confused by the second mixer and incorrectly
setting up this file.

Bob...