FC4 Torrent Slow? Or, is it just me?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jun 14 02:39:50 UTC 2005

Kurt Hansen wrote:

> Thanks for all your help. I tried Azureus, port forwarding, port
> triggering, and UPnP, and nothing worked. I'm running out of tech
> terms to try.
>
> I'm beginning to think there is a bug in my wireless router -- Netgear
> WGT624 -- or my ISP is blocking the port. I've bypassed the router and
> shutoff the firewall to no avail.

Did you try other ports besides the default ones? Several ISPs block
torrent simply based on the port number. Some are smarter , blocking by
analysis of the transmission, but those are very rare...
I personally use port 40001 and it works like a charm here.. Never had
issues with any ISP that blocks ports.

--
Pedro Macedo