Re: 2 computer network from Wi-Fi

THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
On 6/15/05, Kevin J. Cummings
# iptables -L -t nat
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

and my computer forwards and NATs the computers on my home and USB networks.....

I did the first part, but the iptables is a bit confusing.  I took a
look at "iptables -h" and "man iptables" to get an idea.  those are
rules to add to the NAT table?

really, I think I just want the computers to be able to ping each
other, sort of a networking "hello world" idea.

The iptables stuff is for later, after you've got your local area network working and want to be able to masquarade your LAN out to the internet. Concentrate on getting your LAN working first.

thanks,

Thufir

--
Kevin J. Cummings